Boot into Recovery Mode
You need a SIM eject tool (or a paper clip or a needle) to reset the device.
Look at the picture below of the back of the device for references about the steps described in the procedure.
To boot into Recovery Mode, follow these steps:
- Turn off the device by long pressing the Power On/Off button on the back of the device.
- If the device does not turn off, unplug the Power Supply and the USB cables.
- Insert the tool in the Reset hole until there is a click.
- Keeping the tool pressed in the Reset hole, turn on the system by keeping pressed the Power On/Off button. The LEDS on the front became RED and the monitor turns on showing the screen in the next picture.
- If you unplugged the power supply to turn on the device, now you need to plug it again while doing the above action (you will need some help to press the tool, the button and plug in the power all together).
Once in Recovery mode, you can use the remote control to navigate the menu (Down arrow and OK).
If the remote control does not work, you can press the tool in the pin hole to navigate the menu items and the Power on/off Key to confirm (Press OK/Enter).
Reset to Factory Settings
Navigate down in the menu to reach the “Wipe data/factory reset” item and press OK to confirm. If the system does not reboot automatically, select “Reboot system now” and press OK.