Charging lithium batteries:
- Most lithium-ion batteries will live longer when charged regularly. Unlike the nickel batteries, lithium-ion batteries do best when kept above a 30 percent charge. Repeatedly allowing the battery to drain fully may shorten its life and decrease its overall capacity.
- Leaving the battery connected to the charger (when it is completely charged) while using it, lowers battery life if done repeatedly.
- Although charging at 0-45 °C is possible, we recommend this to be done at 10-30 °C (50-86 °F).
- The best temperature for storing the battery and maintaining its lifespan is at 15 °C.
- Charge the battery to 40-50% before storing